February 21, 2020
Dear Newton School Community Members,
As I write this, we are at the halfway mark for the 3rd grading term. Our basketball teams are preparing for the tournament games. February is more than half over. These are all signs that the arrival of Spring is near!!
No doubt this year's graduating Seniors are counting down their days as Newton students. This is an exciting time of the year! It's hard to believe that this year has gone by so quickly. However, the way all of us finish the remainder of the school year will determine how this year and how the Class of 2020 will be remembered.
I encourage all students, staff, and parents to concentrate on a strong finish to the year! Below I include some advice that a modern day Noah might offer if he were among us to do so. I include these thoughts in hopes that you find it interesting and are able to use them as a guidepost to finish the year. I find this advice extremely important for the Class of 2020!
"Everything you need to know you can learn from Noah's Ark."
1) Don't miss the boat. (Get things done in a timely manner.)
2) Remember that we are all in the same boat.
3) Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
4) Stay fit, you never know when someone will ask you to do something really big.
5) Don't listen to critics. Just get on with the job that you've been called to do.
6) Build your future on high ground.
7) Speed isn't always an advantage but consistent persistance is.
8) When you're stressed, float awhile.
9) Remember that the Ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic by professionals.
10) No matter the storm, there's always a rainbow waiting. Live justly, love mercy, and walk humbly!
Let's take our best shot and finish the year with our best effort!
Only at Newton!!!